On Sep 6, 2005, at 4:17 PM, Dustin N. Jenkins wrote:

That's exactly what I have actually. I'm still not clear as to what C3P0 handles, but if I'm indeed using the data source as laid out below, and injecting that into my Hibernate Session Factory, which is then being injected into my DAOs, does it mean I'm not using C3P0?

Yes.

If I'm not mistaken, if you have top-level "info" logging turned on in your log4j.properties you will see some dumpage when the connection pool fires up if you are using c3p0... if you don't see that, then it's not there.

Also — I could be wrong about this, but I *think* that if you want to tell Hibernate to use c3p0, the c3p0.* properties need to be included in hibernate.properties (or hibernate.cfg.xml using the standard Hibernate syntax for properties in XML).

—ml—