> While this worked, the rule syntax turned out to be
> very unintuitive so
> we have dropped that approach.  Since then we have
> defined an XML syntax
> that is similar in some respects to JSF navigation
> rules, but it also
> includes definitions of the actions to perform.  In
> my "infinite spare
> time" I'll be implementing this on top of Javaflow.
> In this way we will
> have a "stateful event controller".  Perhaps this is
> also what you are
> looking for?

Yes, that sounds interesting.  My whole goal was to
just eliminate the large amount of ugly repetitive
code in my flow and to make adding new forms easy.
What you're proposing sounds like it will do just the
trick.  I look forward to checking it out (when you
have the time to finish it, of course).

Thanks again for your help.