Yes that would be nice. The same goes for us.
We have been using it in production for several months!

Jeroen

Oliver Powell wrote:
We use the org.apache.cocoon.transformation.IncludeTransformer class from the scratchpad block in Cocoon 2.1.6. We've just looked closely at 2.1.7 and discovered that the scratchpad block is not part of the release. I understand why this has been done, but I would like to request that this class is shifted to a more "stable" block/core area for the next release, so that we don't need to add it in explicitly. What is the proper way to initiate this? I believe this class belongs in the next release because: - we have used it successfully in production for several months, under high load - it provides critical (for us) cache functionality not provided by CIncludeTransformer or XIncludeTransformer: it retains or "takes on" the cache validity of its included content. CInclude only provides expiry/time-based validity - the included content's validity is ignored. XInclude isn't Cacheable. IncludeTransformer enables us to tweak our caching very finely for content coming from our database - updates to the database trigger a cache clear event on the Cocoon server. With the scratchpad IncludeTransformer _any_ pipeline that includes that data at any point will be removed from the cache immediately. This is exactly the functionality we require. In the meantime of course we will pull this class from trunk. Cheers,
Ollie
CAUTION: This e-mail and any attachment(s) contains information that
is intended to be read only by the named recipient(s). It may contain
information that is confidential, proprietary or the subject of legal
privilege. This information is not to be used by any other person
and/or organisation. If you are not the intended recipient, please
advise us immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. Do not
use any information contained in it.