Yippee …

I always seem to find all problems in a product that have been solved in the developer-release, but have not yet been released. At least this stupid problem didn’t cost as much time as a typical Eclipse GEF problem ;-)

Chris

Von: Philippe Gassmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. Oktober 2005 16:42
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: [CForms] Form not submitting

Christofer Dutz wrote:

Found the problem … it was a totally different one … I would have never looked in that direction.

On my form I had one button for submitting with validation (simple submit widget) and several other buttons for doing all sorts of stuff. As the submit button is used for submitting I called it “submit” (pretty cool Idea?!?) … well. It seems that Idea was not so good after all. When calling the form.submit() in the forms-lib.js the js-engine sort of gets confused with the element with the id “submit”, which is a child of the form element and the function submit which belongs to the form-object.

In the current SVN, cocoon developpers has banned the use of a submit widget named "submit". It now throws an exception... and will save a lot of time to users :)