First of all, thanks for your reply.

I think I'll try to build something with the novell ldap client library...

But I thought the existing LDAPEntryManager was an approach to
implement LDAP adds and updates from FlowScript and I could
avoid writing my own component which is always a bit time consuming ;-)

So still... if someone has already experiences using LDAP directories,
help would be fine.

Regards,

David Duhme

Wilhelm Karmann GmbH
- Kommunikationsprozesse -
Karmannstrasse 1
49084 Osnabrueck
Telefon: +49 541 581 7280
Telefax:
E-Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.karmann.com

Christoph Hermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

10.10.2005 19:36

Bitte antworten an
users@cocoon.apache.org

An
users@cocoon.apache.org
Kopie
Thema
Re: LDAP operations in cocoon -Virus checked-

Am Montag, 10. Oktober 2005 17:33 schrieb David Duhme:

Hello,

> I successfully implemented LDAP authentication for the portal which in
> fact is just a read operation.

fine.

> But now I need my webapp to read entries from a LDAP directory (Lotus
> Domino in my case)
> and make some attributes editable with CForms.

I really don't know how to make this (updates) work with the LDAP Transformer.

> I'm not sure wether to use the LDAP Transformer or the LDAPEntryManager.
> LDAPEntryManager seams more suiteable to me because it's accessable
> from FlowScript.
>
> Please could somebody give me a hint on how to get started with the
> LDAPEntryManager.
> Or am I better off with the LDAP Transformer??

A Quote from IRC (FreeNode #cocoon:Okt 03 17:55:39):
<ugocei>   just write a component that updates an LDAP directory and call it
from flowscript, action or XSP
<ugocei>   if you want a decent LDAP client library, use the Novell one
<ugocei>   LDAPModification mod[] = new LDAPModification[1];
<ugocei>   LDAPAttribute userPassword = new LDAPAttribute("userPassword",
user.getPassword());
<ugocei>           mod[0] = new LDAPModification(LDAPModification.REPLACE,
userPassword);
<ugocei>   LDAPConnection lc = .... /* Open a connection somehow */
<ugocei>   LDAPConnection lc = new LDAPConnection();

HTH
Christoph