[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi all,
I've been using apache cocoon for a long time. I've never had problems
concerning performance while using cocoon-2.1.7 + tomcat 5.0.25 + jdk1.4.1_02!
Now I need to deploy an web application under weblogic 8.1, and I'm worried
about performance! One single request serving an HTML static file on the
filesystem eats about 8%-10% of CPU!! (Itanium 2, 4-CPU, 1500MHz).
Does anyone had any similar problem while using cocoon+ weblogic?!

Thanks for any help!
Rui
We had problems using weblogic 8.1 (we don't use it anymore) but they weren't performance problems. I would check your pool sizes for generators, transformers, etc. Second, I would make sure you are using the current versions of Xalan (or xsltc) and Xerces - the version of Xalan shipped with the jdk has serious problems (Take a look at the performance presentation from the Cocoon GetTogether). If that doesn't do it, use Optimizeit to see what is going on.

Ralph