Hi,

I was wondering if someone has got a hint on how to unittest flow (javaflow in my case, but I guess it'd be the same for any flow). I searched the wiki and the archives without luck.

I saw the callFunction-method in SitemapComponentTestcase which looks like what I want, but couldn't get it to work. I have used SitemapComponentTestcase to unittest generators before, so I think I know what I am doing. I created my .xtest-file, added the flow- interpreters role (copied from cocoon.roles) and added a component- instance for JavaInterpreter. Still I get an exception "Could not retrieve interpreter..." when I call callFunction with type "java". Debugging I find that indeed the interpreter-selector doesn't contain the JavaInterpreter.

Am I missing something? It'd be great to get a working example of how to use callFunction or at least a short comment on what the parameters are and what needs to be added to .xtest, just to make sure I am not overlooking something.

Or if someone has got a different way of unittesting flow I'd be very happy to hear it. I am going to use flow extensively in my project and I want to make sure I can test it properly. HTTP-testing, as has been suggested before on the list, doesn't go deep enough.

Thanks a lot for any help!
Stefan