Angelo Immediata schrieb:
> Hi.
> My site is a service oriented portal; i have several application developed by
> using cocoon and integrated under the cocoon-portal block.
> Every application is a page (a named-item in the portal-user-anonymous.xml).
> Moreover i have a double navigator.
> I attach to this mail all my profiles directory in order you can see the
> structure (it's a .rar file, you need winrar in order to decompress it).
Your profiles are really hugh. Are you using some filtering? Or does
each and every user gets all coplets?

> My question, now, is... why to convert layout into object and not to use SAX
> in order to read the xml files?.

Once you have the objects, streaming them as sax events is the fastest
possible approach. No XML parsing etc. anymore. As you need the objects
for each request from a user, you can see the objects as an in-memory
cache of the XML (though it's actually much more).

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/