Upayavira wrote:

Michael Wechner wrote:
Hi

I have created my own block for Cocoon-2.1.X, but realized that I have
to patch the following files:

gump.xml and lib/jars.xml

and also have to copy libs to lib/optional

Is there a way that one does not have to patch these files? Or am I
missing something?

No. Now do you see why we need a decent blocks system in 2.2? :-)

that's what I thought ;-)

Actually, you can copy your jars into lib/local and I believe they'll
get copied into the WEB-INF/lib. You probably don't then need to edit
jars.xml. But gump.xml will need to be updated if you want your block to
be built by Cocoon's build process.

ok

Thanks for the help

Michi