No,

What you are describing, is that you have a textarea in which you edit some
text and save it in a database.
The next time you edit the same textarea field, it already contains the text
you saved before. When you save again, it doubles your enters, right?

This is solved, by making sure, that with displaying the textarea field, you do
not have
<xsl:copy-of select="xpath2yourfield-text"/> (or ofcourse value-of), but you
must have

<xsl:copy-of select="translate(xpath2yourfield-text, '&#13;', '')"/>

So, you had it with Cforms isn't? So look up the file forms-field-styling.xsl.
Look for textarea.

Somewhere in that file, I am having
<xsl:template match="fi:field[fi:styling/@type='textarea']">
    <textarea id="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" name="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" title="{fi:hint}">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="styling"/>
      <!-- remove carriage-returns (occurs on certain versions of IE and
doubles linebreaks at each submit) -->
      <xsl:copy-of select="translate(fi:value/node(), '&#13;', '')"/>
    </textarea>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="common"/>
</xsl:template>

where you probably have a copy-of without the translate...use this one, that
should really do the job, and nothing more.

Make sure, that when you save this file, you eiter restart your site or make
sure you change forms-samples-styling.xsl (trivial space or something) and save
that xsl, since it imports the forms-field-styling.xsl. If you do not save this
file, cocoon won't recognize that its imported xsl is changed, and nothing will
change.

Hope you manage

AS