I need to be able to do some pre- and post- processing of values
that will be contained in repeater rows in a CForm.

The form defn will look something like:

<fd:widgets>

  <fd:field id="title" required="true">
     <fd:label>Title</fd:label>
    <fd:datatype base="string"/>
  </fd:field>

  <fd:repeater id="terrains">
    <fd:widgets>
      <fd:output id="id">
        <fd:datatype base="integer"/>
      </fd:output>
      <fd:field id="terr_name">
        <fd:datatype base="string"/>
        <fd:label>Name</fd:label>
      </fd:field>
      <fd:field id="terr_size">
        <fd:datatype base="integer"/>
        <fd:label>Name</fd:label>
      </fd:field>
      <fd:booleanfield id="select">
        <fd:label>Select</fd:label>
      </fd:booleanfield>
    </fd:widgets>
  </fd:repeater>

  <fd:repeater-action id="addterrain" action-command="add-row"
repeater="terrains">
    <fd:label>Add terrain</fd:label>
  </fd:repeater-action>

  <fd:repeater-action id="removeterrain" action-command="delete-rows"
repeater="terrains" select="select">
    <fd:label>Remove selected terrain</fd:label>
  </fd:repeater-action>

</fd:widgets>

The form will be created as usual:

  var editDataForm = new Form("view/forms/editForm_d.xml");
  var model = editDataForm.getModel();

1. PRE-PROCESSING

I then need to assign data to the various elements.
For the single value field it is simple:

  //assign data to the form/model
  model.title = "Dummy";

But - how to create the repeater rows and assign a set of values
to them?

2. POST-PROCESSING

When post-processing, I again need to process the repeater
rows - bearing in mind the user could have added or deleted
some/all of the rows...

The value from the single value field is contained in the

  model.title

variable; but, again - how to know how many repeater values
exist, and what their values are?

I am sure this is not complex, but I have not been able to find
any examples on the Cocoon site or in past messages.

Thanks
Derek

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
support.