Jason Johnston wrote:

Seems to me you could accomplish this fairly easily with Flowscript. Something like: <snip>

I have never used flowscript but I have to say is very cool, but unfortunately is not doing what I expect. The script looks like this:

function main() {
   var count = 0;
   var path=cocoon.parameters["report"];
   var param=getRequestParameters();
   var bytes=0;
   var outputStream = new com.spectron.cocoon.SpectronOutputStream();
   //
   cocoon.processPipelineTo(path+'.pdf_pipe?'+param,'',outputStream);
   for(
       bytes=outputStream.size();
       !outputStream.isClosed();
       count++,bytes=outputStream.size()
   ) {
cocoon.sendPageAndWait("progress.jx", {"stream_size" : bytes,"count":count } );
   }
   // PDF is finished, now display it:
   cocoon.sendPage(
       "pdf-display/"+path+'?'+getRequestParameters(),
{byteArray : new java.io.ByteArrayInputStream(outputStream.toByteArray())}
   );
}

It seems that when I do the "cocoon.sendPageAndWait" the "cocoon.processPipeline" is aborted because the outputStream.size() remains constant. If I remove the for loop it creates the PDF correctly. Is there a way to create a thread in flowscript and have the "cocoon.processPipeline" run in it?