A bug seems to have been introduced in XIncludes in going from 2.1.7 to 2.1.8.

They seem fine when used in this form:

        <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; parse="xml"
        href="{$common-content-folder}/banner.xml"/>

But there is a problem when used in this form:

    <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; parse="xml"
    href="{$current-content-folder}/banner.xml">
      <xi:fallback>
        <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; parse="xml"
        href="{$common-content-folder}/banner.xml"/>
      </xi:fallback>
    </xi:include>

When used in the latter form, there appears a residual </xi:include> tag in
the produced XML without a corresponding <xi:include> start tag.  As a
result, the output XML is not well-formed and has caused us some serious
problems.  So, we can't upgrade to 2.1.8 until this is fixed.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or is it just me?

Thanks.

--
Pasha Minallah
Software Engineer