You can put fd:validation in you form. For example, start you fd:form with

<fd:form id="data"
        xmlns:fd="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition";
        xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1";>
    <fd:validation>
      <fd:javascript>
          return messageValidator(widget);
     </fd:javascript>
    </fd:validation>

and in flow

function messageValidator(form){
 var date = form.lookupWidget("removeDate").getValue();
  var now = new Date();
  if (date.before(now)){
            var validationError = new ValidationError("yi!");

form.lookupWidget("removeDate").setValidationError(validationError);
  }
        return (!date.before(now));
}

AS