Peter Flynn wrote:
On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 11:48, Jonas Lundberg wrote:
Peter, I think you might want to integrate eXist with your existing
Cocoon installation:
http://wiki.exist-db.org/comments/CocoonInstall

Thanks, I'd somehow missed that page. I'll give it a try.
Hi,

maybe I'm missing something, but if you integrate eXist with Cocoon, don't you exclude the possibility beforehand of moving eXist out to it's own server when the going get's rough? I have installed eXist on a separate machine and use XML-RPC to access it from cocoon. That way it doesn't matter where eXist is installed anymore, local and remote are the same (except for the initialisation of course). Isn't it also easier that way to upgrade eXist or cocoon independently?

Regards,

Huib.