> Greetings, all!
>
> One of the things that makes Cocoon development difficult for me is
> that, when exceptions are thrown, I see the file name and line number
> of the java source code where the exception occurred, but NOT the file
> name and line number of the sitemap that called the component.  For
> Cocoon-based applications like Lenya that make extensive use of
> multiple large sitemap files this is a major obstacle to solving
> problems.  I can turn up the logging level to include statements that
> trace through the sitemap file, but most of the time when exceptions
> occur I have the log level set to a a less verbose level.
>
> Is there any way to have the sitemap file name & line number output
> with the java exception?
>
> I'm using Cocoon 2.1.7 with Lenya 1.2.4 under JDK 1.4.2

One of the major features that was added for Cocoon 2.1.8 was "Cocoon
Stacktraces", which finally give exactly the kind of information you're
asking for.  Check out some of the samples such as
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/errorhandling/exception/generror
to see this in action.