I think you are missing the option of running the XQuery directly from the flowscript using your xml as context document. This is what we are doing with X-Hive's XQuery implementation.

Jonas Lundberg wrote:

Right. It is not possible to pass the XML to an qxuery pipeline
(starting with an xquery generator), then (unless it is passed as an
escaped string). Thanks for the explanations.

That leaves two options, since the xquery generator does not support
the Cocoon protocol.
a) store from flowscript.
b) store from xsp (as I do now).
(and then do the content management of the stored data (before or
after storage) in the xquery)
To me, there does not seem to be any specific advantages or
disadvantages of either solution, if I only store uploaded files in
that way. Does that seem right?

Use of HTMLarea, or similar widget, should get the same problem. Is
that correct?
(the problem being that all '<' and '>' in the text are escaped
together with html tags, causing problems when un-escaping the data to
get xml)
--

Met vriendelijke groet,

Suzan Foster
Software Engineer

*NEROC'MEDIAWARE *
De Run 1131
5503 LB Veldhoven
T +31 (0)40 258 66 66
F +31 (0)40 258 66 77

E [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.