Dear List,

I have the following code in stylesheets/panelset2html.xsl:

<xsl:output method="html" version="4.01"
            doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
            doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd"/>

and the following in sitemap.xmap:

<map:match pattern="">
      <map:generate src="views/index.xml" type="jx">
            <map:parameter name="lenient-xpath" value="true"/>
      </map:generate>
      <map:transform src="stylesheets/panelset2html.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

Based on this, I would expect the resulting HTML to containing the
following DOCTYPE:

      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd";>

Instead, I am getting:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>

Which MSIE doesn't seem to like in conjunction with the <frameset> element.

As far as I can tell, Cocoon is ignoring the <xsl:output>, and using
whatever is specified within the HTML Serializer configuration.

Is there a setting I can change to get Cocoon to respect the <xsl:output>,
or should I just configure a seperate instance of HTMLSerializer with the
appropriate doctype-public  and doctype-system values and use that instead
of the default serializer for frameset documents?

Thanks,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not