Edwin Kapauni schrieb:
  <map:serializer name="xhtml"
        mime-type="test/html; charset=utf-8"
        logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml"
        pool-grow="2" pool-max="64" pool-min="2"
        src="org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.XHTMLSerializer">
    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
    <indent>no</indent>
  </map:serializer>

Best way to test is from a very minimalistic sample application with just this serializer configuration and a short pipeline with only

<map:sitemap>
  <map:components>
    <map:serializers default="xml">
      <map:serializer name="xhtml"
         mime-type="test/html; charset=utf-8"
         logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml"
         pool-grow="2" pool-max="64" pool-min="2"
         src="org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.XHTMLSerializer">
        <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
        <indent>no</indent>
      </map:serializer>
    </map:serializers>
  </map:components>
  <map:pipelines>
    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="netzpolitik">
        <map:generate src="http://www.netzpolitik.org/feed"/>
        <map:serialize/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>
  </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>

Try this sample and play with "mime-type" and <encoding> and watch your output.

ok, the output is fine, when I saw the two little tricks you put in the code snippet I figured how it was supposed to work. so used in this snippet the charset-thingy works fine in the response headers. now I only need to find the final serializer used for the portal and add the charset-setting there.

thanks a lot, edwin :)

christian