From: Geert Josten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 January 2006 20:08
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dyamic datasource configuration (2.1.7) is this possible?

Errr, how dynamic is dynamic?

I have worked on an implementation that uses JNDI internally and configures
datasources in the
webapp server (Oracle in this case.. :-P)

In Oracle webserver you have the opportunity to define datasources on a
maintenance webinterface.
I'm not sure you can do that with Tomcat. What we more or less did in Tomcat
for testing is define a
Resource (with Params) and pointed to it with a ResourceLink in
Host/Context. web.xml contains a
resource-ref as well and some env-entry elements with additional
information...

By the way: the database management doesn't hook into any of the Cocoon's
objects/lifecycle
management parts in this case. It could have, but configuration would have
been totally different, I
guess..

HTH,
Geert

--
Drs. G.P.H. Josten
Consultant

Daidalos BV
Source of Innovation
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665  JZ  Bleiswijk
Tel: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
www.daidalos.nl

De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig van
Daidalos BV en is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onbedoeld
hebt ontvangen, verzoeken
wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden
ontleend.