You can configure a java compiler to be used in the cocoon.xconf. It is not using JDK by default, because of a memory leak. I believe there are several alternatives listed of which the active one is provided as a jar in the web-inf/lib/

Cheers,
Geert

Goetzmann Bertrand wrote:

Hi again (the last question for this day I hope),

I have a question about XSP used with Java langage ; I read in an article that a XSP containg Java code was transformed in Java source and then compiled to produce a .class file. Does this require that you must to have access to the javac command on the server executing Cocoon ? Or the Java code is compiled on the fly by the JRE ?

Thank again !

Bertrand Goetzmann.