Gunter D'Hondt wrote:
I don't want my sessions/continuations to have long time-out periods for

security reasons. It's ok to have them log in again if their session is
timed out

after eg a half hour. But then again, when they are editing a form, this

might take some time, and the responsibility of keeping this form window

open/uncommitted is completely on their side. So if they are off to

McDonalds during editing, it's their own decision to leave that window
open.

this I don't understand coz you started this discussion with the fact that
you want your continuations to stay alive long enough but you don't want
to increase your session timeout?? the continuation might survive the
container session but in my opinion this will be a confusing situation for
the end user

I want my session to be eg only a half hour. So when users are just browsing (not editing a form) and leave their pc for more than 30 minutes, they need to log in again. Besides this, when they are editing a form, this might take a while, so when the form is presented, I want the continuation to be extended as long as the form is on the users screen/browser. This actually implies that the session will be extended also. When the users stares at the form for a few hours, an iframe will periodically contact the server, which automatically extends the session time, and the continuation related with the form is accessed so that it's time is extended too.

Kind Regards,
Jan