Hi Andrew,
I supposed you was not going to call a webservice (which is server to server comunication) but send the user to another site, and then receive back (thru the user browser) the result of the transaction. This is what i asked in the first few lines of my first answer. If you have to call a webservice (your server connects to the other server, the user notices nothing) then the aproach is radically different.

Simone

Andrew Madu wrote:
Hi Simone,

1) Instead of using redirectTo, set up a page with a link to the external site (like a jx page), then use sendPageAndWait to send this page to the user, he will click on the link, go to the external site and all the rest, while your flow will be suspended until the external site will redirect him to your continuation and the flow will restart. This is a clean solution, but involves one more step for the user.

2) Create a webContinuation in your flow (you can do this in _javascript_ flow), before the redirectTo. This way you have a "bookmark" in your flow the user can be redirected to, even if you haven't stopped the flow directly. This is quite a dirtier solution, but avoids the extra click. Here is the pseudocode:

wouldn't a nicer way to be to call a webservice? So for example:

var webServiceVal = cocoon.callWebservice(bizData.fname etc etc etc)

try {
if (webServiceVal == true) {
}else{

}
} catch (e) {
//Some problem has occured
msg2 = e.toString();
}

How do I call a webservice and pass it parameters in flowscript?

Andrew