Hi Kamal,
dunno why, nut i always have problems like this in jx. Seems like a variable declared with :

<jx:set var="varname">Content</jx:set>

Takes as value a document fragment, and thus should be converted to string or something else to be used "normally".

I usually declare the variable with :

<jx:set var="varname" value="${whatever.you.need}"/>

And this (again, usually) works in the expected way.

Hope this helps,
Simone

Kamal Bhatt wrote:

Hi.
I was wondering, if this is a bug and if it is, has been fixed in 2.1.8 (I am currently on 2.1.7 and do not have access to 2.1.8):

If I create a variable with value of a field eg.

<jx:set var="active_repeater"><jx:out value="${form.getChild('active_repeater').getValue()}"/></jx:set>

then I reference it in an if eg.

<jx:if test="${active_repeater == 'validity'}">

I do not enter the code inside of the if but if I change it to this:
<jx:if test="${form.getChild('active_repeater').getValue() == 'validity'}">

it works fine.

Also, while we are on the topic of jx templates, why are they so inconsisten with the way we do things in XSLT and XML based "languages".

Cheers.

--
Simone Gianni