Patrick Refondini wrote:

werner wrote:

Dear List,

I'm looking for a solution to create a repeater with paging support. The repeater is usually connected to some database via OJB or Hibernate. I think that this is a common problem, so I hope that somebody out there has already done this before ;-)

In short the problems I want to solve are:
- create a DAO that returns only the records that should be displayed
(that's not easy with OJB. looks like there is no real paging support in OJB.
  I don't know Hibernate.)

I did some paging tests with Hibernate using the Query interface which might be what you are looking for. Looks like:

      Query query = session.getNamedQuery(namedQuery);
      query.setFirstResult(start);
      query.setMaxResults(max);
      return query.list();

Just a hint as w're not on a Hibernate list here ;-)

Good to know it works in Hibernate. In OJB it does not. FAQ says 'There is no *paging* support in *OJB. *OJB is concerned with Object/Relational mapping and not with application specific presentation details like presenting a scrollable page of items'. :-/ My solution is to pass the Query directly to the database (postgreSQL).

 the DAO should also return the number of overall records to be able to
 calculate the number of pages
- create a widget that displays the links to the pages (no idea how to do that)

Any suggestions ?

Werner