Hi, yes with the same instance of mozilla I expected that but not with different instances! anyway, thanks for your answers!
Paula

Simone Gianni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:
Hi Paula,
AFAIK in IE it works like this :
- If you start another browser instance (by clicking on start->Internet explorer) then you don't take the cookies from another running instance.
- If you open another window of the browser (by typing CTRL+N, or file->new->window, or clicking on a link that opens another window) then you have all the cookies of the "main" window.

While in Firefox it does not matter if you launch a new instance or open another window or tab, cookies are always shared (don't know if there is a configuration option).

So, you should try to open a new window in internet explorer by typing CTRL+N, in this case it should behave same as firefox.

To test concurrency on a web application is always better to use two different computers, since also IE in rare and strange cases (i can't remember, something to do with HTTPS, P3P) and in some versions can randomly share session cookies.

Simone

Jason Johnston wrote:
Is it the same instance of Firefox?  If so then this is expected behavior;
user sessions are typically tracked by a JSESSION-ID cookie, and Firefox
uses the same cookies for each instance of the browser (each system user
is allowed one instance at a time I believe). IE allows a single system
user to launch multiple instances of the browser, each one using its own
set of cookies.

If this is what you're seeing then it's not a problem with the auth
framework or Cocoon in general; this is standard behavior for web
applications that track user sessions via cookies.

I found another strange behaviour of the auth. framework: it seems that  I
can have several users logged in if I use Internet Explorer (v. 6.0.2)
but with Mozilla firefox (v1.0.7) the behaviour is as explained below or
get always logged in as the first user (using the action auth-loggedIn)

Any ideas what the problem is and how to solve this?
Thanks,
Paula

Paula Estrella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:Hi, I'm using (or
trying to use) the authentication block included in cocoon and it works
fine if there's only 1 user logged in, but when I try to log in twice
with different user names (i.e. I want many users logged in at the same
time) I get the error "org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: User is
already authenticated using handler: portal-handler".

Now, my question is: how can I allow several users logged in at the same
time using this auth. block?

Thanks in advance,
Paula

Here's the sitemap I'm using (it's basically a copy&paste from the block
example)

<map:component-configurations>
<authentication-manager>
<handlers>
<handler name="portal-handler">
<redirect-to uri="cocoon:/login"/>
<authentication uri="cocoon:raw:/authenticate"/>
</handler>
</handlers>
</authentication-manager>
</map:component-configurations>

<map:match pattern="login">
<map:generate src=""/>
<map:transform src=""/>
<map:transform type="encodeURL"/>
<map:serialize/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="do-login">
<map:act type="auth-login">
<map:parameter name="handler" value="portal-handler"/>
<map:parameter name="parameter_name"
value="{request-param:username}"/>
<map:parameter name="parameter_password"
value="{request-param:password}"/>
<map:redirect-to uri="portal"/>
</map:act>
<map:redirect-to uri="error"/>