From: "Victoria Vitaver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:39:33 +1000

Hi,

I am having trouble changing the logkit.xconf to restrict logging of cocoon
messages. I have tried to look for 'howtos' but since logkit was a part of
the now 'closed' avalon project I really cant dig up resources on it.

It's not that much different to log4j configuration IMO. The targets are like log4j's appenders and the categories are like log4j's loggers.

What is happening is this: we are running cocoon 2.1.9 with jboss, and
cocoon.log gets written in the
tmp/ directory. I want to be able to specify a 'WARN' level minimum for all
messages in this log. I cant figure out how to do it though.

You can either (by comparison with the error file target) use a priority-filter with log-level="WARN", or change the log-level of any categories that use that log-target. I'd be more specific, but I've only got a 2.1.7 xconf file in front of me and it doesn't even mention a cocoon.log file. YMMV.

Also, my server.log contains a million messages of this form :

2006-05-23 12:19:41,582 DEBUG [net.sf.ehcache.Cache] cocoon-ehcache-1: Is
element with key
PK_R-resource-resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/css/forms.css
expired?: false
2006-05-23 12:19:41,605 DEBUG [net.sf.ehcache.store.MemoryStore]
cocoon-ehcache-1Cache: MemoryStore hit for
PK_R-resource-resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/css/forms-calenda
r.css

does anyone have any idea how or where I can also restrict these messages to
'INFO' level?

Assuming server.log is another Cocoon log file (again, I don't see that one in my 2.1.7 configuration), the same should apply. Just add a priority-filter with log-level="INFO" to the target, or increase the log-level of any categories that use it. If it's a standard JBoss log file, not one of Cocoon's, presumably there's a log factory configured to write to the standard output and JBoss captures that.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Andrew.

Thanks,

Vica