If you add a tag called "head" anywhere in your template, then CForms will
add all CForm stuff (CSS, JavaScript, ... everything that belongs into a
html head-tag) it needs inside this tag. All you have to do in any
transformation is to "move" the entire content to the place it belongs o
using a simple <xsl:copy-of select="//head"/>

One hint to the reading direction If you want to avoid having to code
multiple functions for reading from multiple places ... let cocoon do that
for you. If you add the following code to your CForm, then you can read from
any source cocoon can read from.

// For loadDocument
importClass(org.apache.excalibur.xml.dom.DOMParser);
importClass(org.apache.cocoon.environment.SourceResolver);
importClass(org.xml.sax.InputSource);

function loadDocument(uri) {
    var parser = null;
    var source = null;
    var resolver = null;
    try {
        parser = cocoon.getComponent(DOMParser.ROLE);
        resolver = cocoon.getComponent(SourceResolver.ROLE);
        source = resolver.resolveURI(uri);
        var is = new InputSource(source.getInputStream());
        is.setSystemId(source.getURI());
        return parser.parseDocument(is);
    } finally {
        if (source != null)
            resolver.release(source);
        cocoon.releaseComponent(parser);
        cocoon.releaseComponent(resolver);
    }
}

Here an example for using it:

    var form = new Form("definition/guestbook-def.xml");
    form.createBinding("bindings/guestbook-bind.xml");

    var doc = loadDocument("cocoon:/guestbook.db?position=" + position);
    form.load(doc);

    // Show the form
    form.showForm("guestbook-templ.jexl");

I use XQuery with update functions for saving, but since this only works
with few Xml Databases, I left the code for saving out. I think you would
have to do this manually.

Chris

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater
univativ GmbH & Co. KG
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon:  0 61 51 / 66 717 -0
fax:  0 61 51 / 66 717 -29
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf