Yes, the form encoding is well configured.
We are able to retrieve correctly the accentuated characters from the form in the flowsript.
The problem occurs when we pass the bean from the flowscript to the component.

Ard Schrijvers wrote:
In your web.xml, you have the form-encoding configured correctly??

For example,

<init-param>
      <param-name>form-encoding</param-name>
      <param-value>utf8</param-value>
</init-param>

Regards Ard

Hello,

We are using Cocoon 2.1.9 (Windows XP/Tomcat 5.0.30 and Suse 9/Tomcat
5.0) and we have a problem with the encoding when passing
Java objects
from the fowscript to an Avalon component.

Here is a sample of our code:
        form.save(myBean);
        try {
            var myComponent = cocoon.getComponent(myComponent.ROLE);
            myComponent.save(myBean);
        }
        finally {
            cocoon.releaseComponent(myComponent);
        }

If we inspect the values of the bean in the flowscript, all the
accentuated characters are well encoded.
But if we inspect the same values in the save function of the
component,
the accentuated characters are not well encoded.

Does anyone already had the same problem ?
Thanks for your answers.

Sébastien

Sébastien  CHAUVIN
JOUVE Information System (IS) / Industrial Property (IP)

Email          : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel (Direct)   : (33) 02 99 86 93 57
Tel (Standard) : (33) 02 99 86 98 00
Fax            : (33) 02 99 86 98 01
Adress         : Societe Jouve, 12 rue des Landelles, Imm Hercule II
                 35 510 Cesson-Sevigne, FRANCE

Web (France)   : "http://www.jouve.fr"
Web (Usa)      : "http://www.jouve.com"
The present email and all information included therein do not constitute a legal agreement accorded by Jouve. All legal agreements must be formulated in writing on paper by a legal representative of JOUVE. If you have received this email by mistake, please inform us of that fact and destroy the email and any documents it might contain. Thank you for your cooperation.