On 6/22/06, Gnatz, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

...When I just delete a template it might be in use anywhere in those 500
pagees and I might not recognize...

I don't know of a tool that would help find out which XSLT templates
are not used (which does not mean that such a tool does not exist).

Given that XSLTs can process any well-formed input, such a tool would
have to be dynamic, static analysis won't do unless coupled with
schemas, and in that case the whole thing would get fairly complex.

If you have a way to extensively test your application (and without
that, refactoring sounds a bit dangerous), you could try adding
<xsl:message terminate="yes"> statements to templates that you think
are not used, run the app and see if it breaks.

-Bertrand