Ard Schrijvers wrote:
See: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/caching.html

About that page, and then particularly

"The Default Caching Algorithm

The default algorithm uses a very easy but effective approach to
cache a request: The pipeline process is cached up to the most
possible point.

Therefore each component in the pipeline is queried by Cocoon if it
supports caching. Several components, like the file generator or the
xslt transformer support caching. However, dynamic components like
the sql transformer or the cinclude transformer do not. Let's have a
look at some examples:"

is just not right. The default algorithm for a pipeline cache either
results the entire pipeline OR nothing of it! This is important to
know when you are looking for performance flaws.

Are you absolutely sure of this? I could swear I've seen this working as described.

Though, the above described behavior should be enabled with
CachingPointProcessingPipeline, but I never used it (I never had to
either, because the point untill a pipeline is cacheable I just move
into a seperate pipeline). Anyway, the wiki is incorrect.

Regards Ard