I meanwhile tried with the DatabaseReader:

Postgres can store large objects internally and then saves only a reference
in the actual table. The DatabaseReader retrieves the reference using
ResultSet.getBinaryStream(). ResultSet.getBlob() retrieves the large object
- maybe something for future improvement of the DatabaseReader?

Thanks!

--
Jens Reufsteck
Hobsons GmbH