Just an observation, but isn't 2.2 a redesign from 2.1.x branch that
significantly restructured Cocoon (Maven, CForms, XSP deprecated, etc)?

2.1.x is legacy as 1.8.x is now legacy. 2.2 would be current and
2.3/3.0 development/experimental.

Debian has 4 Branches. At least if all possible their should be a
Sid/Unstable branch that isn't Experimental and isn't Stable for Cocoon
that would allow us to use most of the modern features in Java 5, let
alone Java 6 when it rolls out from Beta and Release Candidate
statuses.

What still seems to be dead in the water is Documentation and I mean
documentation that reminds one of the Cocoon Developer Handbook by
Moczar/Aston.

I recall about 9 months ago that this was a priority. From the Cocoon
site I don't see it has reached fruition. I see a lot of documentation
fractured across the Net via various wikis and other individual sites
but I don't see a repository of Documentation that one can funnel that
provides these practical/best practices, hands-on tutorials that were
envisioned.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

- Marc