> > ...I want to know "why saxon can not recognize urls
> > starting with cocoon://
>
> In the XSLT document() function, you mean?

Never noticed this function in XSLT...

Then again, why would Saxon know about the cocoon:// protocol. Xalan perhaps
happens to know, since it is an apache XSLT processor which happens to be able
to access source factories defined in cocoon. Saxon is not, so there just might
be the difference. I am a little bit guessing here, but that is what I think,
though I am not to familiar with different XSLT processors.

Seeing its implementation, I am curious about what it means for the caching
impl. I can not imagine that the validity of the cocoon:// protocol in
document() function is added to the stylesheet validity (TraxTransformer
validity), so I would never chose for this solution anyhow (unless by some
magic it is added, but I don't think changes in the pipeline called by
cocoon:// are picked up in the cached result, unless of course you chose to
have no caching at all)

Regards Ard