Hello Alberto,

> I need to convert a string (words delimited with commas) in something
> that "jx:forEach" can iterates.
> I found a nice example in documentation
> (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jxtemplate.html).
>
> <jx:macro name="forTokens">
>   <jx:parameter name="var"/>
>   <jx:parameter name="items"/>
>   <jx:parameter name="delims"/>
>   <jx:forEach var="${var}"
>          items="${java.util.StringTokenizer(items, delims)}">
>     <jx:evalBody/>
>   </jx:forEach>
> </jx:macro>
>
> <forTokens var="letter" items="a,b,c,d,e,f,g" delims=",">
>   letter = ${letter} <br/>
> </forTokens>

I also have had this problem. See this thread
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=113835963721689&w=2 about your
problem. It used to work, but not in cocoon-2.1.8 in this way anymore. I am not
sure about other versions: which one do you use?

Anyway, I solved it by going through flow. Are you familiar with flow? Do the
java.util.StringTokenizer part in flow, and pass the variable from flow to your
jxtemplate. Then you can use the jx:forEach on this object.

Regards Ard