From: Jeroen Reijn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 3:31 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: runtime error: xmlserializer not found

Hi James,

yes it looks like Xerces isn't in your classpath or lib directory of you
application server. Can you confirm this? I guess your problem should go
away after adding the jar and restarting tomcat.

Did you try the suggestions from the cocoon documentation about tomcat
,Xerces and j2se 1.4?

It states:

"Cocoon requires more recent versions of the Xerces and Xalan libraries
than those shipped with j2se 1.4. To override bundled libraries, follow
these steps:

1. Create %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\endorsed directory. (Tomcat users use
%TOMCAT_HOME\common\endorsed instead) 2. Copy xercesXXX.jar,
xalan-XXX.jar, and the xml-apis.jar from the .\lib\endorsed\ to the new
directory created above.

See http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/index.html for more
information

Regards,