Hi Florian,

I created a utility flowscript function I have been using for the last year
without problems. This executes a cocoon pipeline (or any other resource
available) and returns a Dom with the result. So if you want anything other
than Xml results, you will have to modify it.

function loadDocument(uri) {
    // AE: cocoon://
    var parser = null;
    var source = null;
    var resolver = null;
    try {
        parser = cocoon.getComponent(DOMParser.ROLE);
        resolver = cocoon.getComponent(SourceResolver.ROLE);
        source = resolver.resolveURI(uri);
        if
(source.getClass().getName().equals("org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSource")
 == false) {
            print("Warning: loadDocument received an incorrect URI:");
            print("    " + source.getClass().getName());
        }
        var is = new InputSource(source.getInputStream());
        is.setSystemId(source.getURI());
        return parser.parseDocument(is);
    } finally {
        if (source != null)