HI Patrick

> Hi,
> I have created a webapp named test and a block named demo
>
> They've been created using the cocoon-22-archetype-webapp and
> cocoon-22-archetype-block
>
> Now I have introduce a dependency in test webapp on demo block:
> (...)
>   <dependencies>
> (...)
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>ch.smartgene</groupId>
>       <artifactId>demo</artifactId>
>       <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>     </dependency>
>   </dependencies>
> (...)
>
> I can see the demo block is deployed into the test webapp.
>
> My questions:
>
> 1. Is the above the right way to include blocks into webapp with Cocoon
> 2.2 ?

This looks ok to me.
You need to install the block using mvn install.

> 2. If 1. is no wrong then how can test webapp make use of what is
> available in demo block (URL conventions /demo /blocks/demo ... to be
> defined ?)

The url /block/demo should be the right one. You need to start the
(web-)application first:
- Goto the block directory and install the block (mvn install)
- Goto to the webapp directory
- Start the application: mvn cocoon:deploy jetty6:run (I'm not sure if
cocoon:deploy is still needed)
- Point your browser to http://localhost:8888/block/demo

Port configuration can be found in test/pom.xml (test = webapp directory)

> Any hints or direction to examples, documentation are welcome.

Sample for webapp: {cocoon2.2-src}/core/cocoon-webapp
Sample for block:  {cocoon2.2-src}/blocks

Felix