Geert,

Sorry I didn't acknowledge this sooner (was teaching XSLT all this week). Thanks for the advice: will try.

As for compiling out of the box: yup, this is what I did first. As for the location of jing-20030619.jar, I'm seeing it in lib/optional but not elsewhere. But that should be good, shouldn't it?

I'll let you know what happens next.

Random question: I'll be needing Saxon 8, which I was running happily under Cocoon 2.0.7. I'll proceed with setting it up as I did there (though I understand I may need to research sitemaps again.) Does anyone have any tips or warnings about this?

Cheers,
Wendell