Olivier wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
Olivier wrote:
   Hi all
Where can I find more information on cocoon 3 / OSGi
I've tried http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocoon3/g1/1153.html but all I can obtain is 404 error pages. Is somebody make this work ?

For the time being, Cocoon 3 is "on hold". As the people at the Spring project have decided to provide an integration layer for OSGi (see http://www.springframework.org/osgi), we decided to wait for the outcome of this effort.

Apart from this Cocoon 2.2 (including _real_ blocks, see http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-data/attachments/GT2006Notes/attachments/12-CocoonBlocks.pdf) has made good progress and we are close to the release of a second milestone (I guess some time in November.). If you don't want to wait, checkout trunk and follow the instructions at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g1/1159.html, except that you have to use the SNAPSHOT versions of the archetypes instead.

Great, I've already checkout cocoon-2.2 and make it work (inside web container). Sure it's a great job. I was looking how to proceed for adding some contribution I've build (Transactional File Writer Transformer for example). And I was wondering which version of cocoon I should target to dig the block system.

So I seem to be the cocoon 2.2 ?

if you checked out http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk, yes.

Many thanks for the answer and for cocoon.

Thanks for your feedback! We consider Cocoon 2.2 core to be feature-complete. The missing thing is documentation, which is poor. We know about this and we are working on it. If you want to help, go to http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/ and register yourself and ask on [EMAIL PROTECTED] for being assigned the doc editor role.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de