I looked back at the 2.1.4 Woody source code and the validation-errors styling element was indeed available at that time. Of course, I forgot that since you're using Woody and not CForms, the namespace is different, so it would probably be wi:validation-errors rather than fi:validation-errors.

If that still doesn't work, then you probably don't have the proper template in your woody-field-styling.xsl. Here's the template that needs to exist in the stylesheet:

--------------------

  <xsl:template match="wi:validation-errors">
    <xsl:variable name="header">
      <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="header">
          <xsl:copy-of select="header"/>
        </xsl:when>
        <xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:variable>
    <xsl:variable name="footer">
      <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="footer">
          <xsl:copy-of select="footer"/>
        </xsl:when>
        <xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:variable>
    <xsl:variable name="frm" select="ancestor::wi:form-template"/>
    <xsl:if test="$frm and $frm//wi:validation-message">
      <xsl:copy-of select="$header"/>
      <ul>
        <xsl:for-each select="$frm//wi:validation-message">
          <li class="woody-validation-error">
            <xsl:if test="../wi:label">
              <xsl:value-of select="../wi:label"/><xsl:text>: </xsl:text>
            </xsl:if>
            <xsl:value-of select="."/>
          </li>
        </xsl:for-each>
      </ul>
      <xsl:copy-of select="$footer"/>
    </xsl:if>
  </xsl:template>

---------------------

You can of course customize it to suit your needs. Then just add the <wi:validation-errors /> in your display template and it should work. Let us know if you still have trouble.

--Jason

Roel Croonenberghs wrote:

It does not work   *snif

*Jason Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*

20/12/2006 15:28
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

        users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
        Re: validation

Roel Croonenberghs wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > Where do I put that javascript code? I still use cocoon 2.1.4.  width
 > woody forms.
 > Is there no other way?

I don't know if it was available in the version of woody you're using,
but in current CForms there is the <fi:validation-errors /> element
which aggregates all the validation errors in a single place on the
page.  See the bottom of
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/publishing/xslt.html for details.