Alessandro Vincelli wrote:
> Hy,
>
> I'm writing my authentication method for new webapp.
>  From 2.1.10  the authentication-fw is deprecated
> see the release notes:
> Deprecate session-fw and authentication-fw block. These blocks will be
> removed in further releases. Committed by CZ.
>
> I'm reading in cocoon documentation  how build authentication  at
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/authentication/authenticating_user.html
> and I writing a class that implements  the /Authenticator/ interface.
> But in 2.1.10 the /Authenticator/ interface is also depreacted ;-)
>
> Now, I see the new package org.apache.cocoon.auth and relatives
> interfaces, and I found some api references, but no documentications and
> samples.
> In shortly how work org.apache.cocoon.auth?
> This package org.apache.cocoon.auth  work similar to
> org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication?
> Any samples?

We deprecated the session-fw and authentication-fw because today there
are better ways of doing the same stuff. But although these blocks are
deprecated, they will be supported for a long time. So it's safe to use
them :)

The authentication-fw will be replaced by the auth stuff you mention
above. There is currently not that much documentation (apart from the
javadocs), but you can have a look at
http://osoco.sourceforge.net/cowarp/) The CoWarp framework has been
donated to Cocoon and that's the base of the auth block.

Both authentication-fw and c-auth work very similar with the difference
that c-auth is pojo based while the authentication-fw uses pipelines (we
added the authenticator interface later on, but that's more a workaround).

You can find a sample for c-auth in the portal block.

HTH
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect