On Jan 15, 2007, at 6:46 PM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

On 16.01.2007 00:27, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Pipeline has already been processed for this request

Can someone explain what happened and what that message above means ?

The message itself means that you try to send a second response on one request. From your description I guess the sendPage() results in the first response. As the flow is not interrupted by a sendPageAnd*Wait*() it continues the processing and will probably come to a second sendPage() which again results in a response. This will then cause the above exception. It's only a guess, but sounds reasonable, doesn't it ;)

Jörg

Thanks. Yes, that makes perfect sense.
I've been using flowscript in a couple of pipelines,
but I'm just starting to try to use the 'flow' part.
For some strange reason, I wasn't thinking about the
possibility that the script would keep running after
the page was sent.

BTW: I think the original bug I was hitting was another
instance of Java strings vs. Javascript strings.
I'm guessing that parameters must be Java strings.

-- Steve Majewski - University of Virginia Alderman Library