On Jan 23, 2007, at 1:33 PM, Gary Larsen wrote:

Sorry for another 2.1.10 upgrade question. I've been able to tackle most of
the cforms issues but this has me stuck.

The first time a session calls any continuation an exception occurs with an
NPE in
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon.jsGet_reque st.
[full geektails snipped...]

Hmm, I don't know if this will be any help, but maybe...

Certainly the NPE results from the FOM_Cocoon object having a null value for its currentCall instance variable. A few months ago I had to add some AJAX features to a previously non-AJAX-using application built on Cocoon 2.1.8, and I was getting a similar failure, but mine was in jsGet_continuation(). I can't remember why currentCall was null in my case, unfortunately I didn't document this incident and now I don't recall the details... but I'm pretty sure I remember being certain that this was normal and not caused by anything I was doing wrong. I made a local fix in FOM_Cocoon to have jsGet_continuation() return null if currentCall was null.

Now, you can't just do the same thing here... :-/ But maybe it helps you to know that somebody else had a situation where the cocoon object's currentCall was null and that it was (presumably) legitimate.

cheers,
—ml—