I had previously mentioned in passing that when I tested my site with 2.1.10 a bunch of things broke which were working in 2.1.9, but I hadn't had time to
figure out specifically what piece was broken.

We upgraded our production server to 2.1.10 and someone else looked into this bug:
parameters were no longer being passed to the jx generator.

Swapping the names in the main sitemap so that the generator formerly named "jx" is now "oldjx", and the generator named "newjx" is now "jx" seems to fix this problem.

Looking back, I see this note in the release notes, but I'm not sure how to interpret what it's saying in terms of whether it indicates a different usage in jx generator templates
( Can someone explain parameters object vs properties object ? )

*) The predefined variables "parameters" and "cocoon.parameters" now both point to the parameters object in JXTemplateGenerator and the template block. (cocoon.parameters did point to a properties object). [CZ]

But my sitemap passed parameters to the jx generator:

        <map:generate src="scripts/eadframe.jx" type="jx">
          <map:parameter name="docpath" value="published/{1}/{2}" />
          <map:parameter name="instdir" value="{1}" />
          <map:parameter name="document" value="{2}" />
        </map:generate>

And the template substituted:   ${cocoon.parameters.document}

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library