From: "Jasha Joachimsthal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:37:10 +0100

Hi Andrew,

It's a bit a PITA but you can add fonts to your PDF. I hope it works for
your SVG too. The info below came from
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.20.5/fonts.html and
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/pdf-serializer.html

[snip]

Cocoon is now ready to embed fonts into the PDF.

Regards,

Jasha Joachimsthal

Hippo
Oosteinde 11
1017 WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
+31 (0)20 5224466

www.hippo.nl

[snip]
> particular including "Times New Roman".  So I tried embedding
> the Windows server's times.ttf font in the PDF, according to
> the instructions in the FOP documentation, but even that
> makes no difference.

Sorry, Jasha, BTDTGTTS :-) I even tried embedding the font with an alternative name "MyTimes", but that didn't work either (although it's a bit hard to tell if it's actually been embedded, as so long the metrics-file and embed-file attributes include a file: prefix there's no error message written to the sitemap.log even when I specify a bogus filename).

I also noticed a reference to the strokeSVGText setting in the docs and tried setting that to false, but that just makes it produce the error message org.apache.batik.gvt.text.GVTAttributedCharacterIterator$TextAttribute: field STROKE not found in System.err whether the font is embedded or not; this was on the NT server that does have Times available.

Andrew.
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/  Open source java Sudoku application

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro*Terms https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h27f6&disc=y&vers=743&s=4056&p=5117