Michael

Thanks for this suggestion (and to others who also made it).
I appreciate that Lenya is a solid CMS, and I like the fact that
its based on Cocoon.  But I was really hoping to avoid the
extra hassle that comes form learning, installing and supporting
another tool (esp. since I have to ask very nicely for that support
on our servers...).  But if POC (plain ol' cocoon) cannot do the job
then I will look at this!

Derek

Derek Hohls wrote:

>Steve
>
>Thanks for the info.  I was hoping not to have to go via a
>3rd party route at this stage, as my needs are fairly simple
>(though I do need provision for comments).

you might want to take a look at the Lenya Blog publication, which is
based on Cocoon ;-)

Michael

>Derek

>I pipe a Roller blog through Cocoon. It's a fairly low-tech approach:

>I run a separate blog server and grab the Roller pages using the
>JTidy generator. The major problems are in mapping the URLs in Roller

>onto the rest of my site and in fixing the L&F of Roller to match the

>rest of the site. The latter required changes to Roller's Velocity
>templates and adaptation of the Cocoon sitemaps. I haven't fixed form

>I/O from/to Roller yet, so people can't comment on my pronouncements;

>and I edit using a client (Ecto) rather than a web interface.
>
>I'm fairly pleased with the result, but it's a stable hack rather
>than a product at the moment.
>
>Steve
>
>On 8 Mar 2007, at 15:29, Derek Hohls wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>Has anyone implemented a blog-type system via a Cocoon
>>framework, and can share any ideas or approaches?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Derek
>>
>>--
>>This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright, terms and
>>conditions and
>>e-mail legal notice. Views expressed herein do not necessarily
>>represent the
>>views of the CSIR.
>>
>>CSIR E-mail Legal Notice
>>http://mail.csir.co.za/CSIR_eMail_Legal_Notice.html
>>
>>CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions
>>http://mail.csir.co.za/CSIR_Copyright.html
>>
>>For electronic copies of the CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions
>>and the CSIR
>>Legal Notice send a blank message with REQUEST LEGAL in the subject
>>

>>line to
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>>This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
>>MailScanner,
>>and is believed to be clean.

Michael Wechner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+41 44 272 91 61

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice