[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[snip]
Could someone tell me why this is that way

I think that the match rules apply to empty namespaces and not the default namespace.

and how I can convince the validation-report transformer to stop adding the
namespace stuff to the output?

Well at the moment I got everything to work, by modifying the Transformers
code, but that can't really be the optimal solution.

this might help, though haven't tested it:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:v="http://apache.org/cocoon/validation/1.0"; xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="2.0">
  <xsl:template match="/v:report">
    <test>
      <xsl:copy-of select="v:error"/>
    </test>
 </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc