> Thank you for your reply, Ard!
>
> I don't know how to control the cache from cocoon.xconf. I use Cocoon
> 2.1.7. The cache section in cocoon.xconf looks like this:
>
>   <transient-store logger="core.store.transient">
>     <parameter name="maxobjects" value="1000"/>
>   </transient-store>
>
>   <store logger="core.store">
>     <parameter name="maxobjects" value="1000"/>
>   </store>
>
> I see two files being modified after some "action" using the webapp:
> cocoon-ehcache-1.data & cocoon-ehcache-1.index. I asume
> that this is the persistent cache.

It is a cache that uses disk. It is only diskpersistent when you configure it
to be. The transient store is a memory only store, because it has non
serializable cached objects.

The second store is you configuration for the ehcache. You can add:

<parameter name="diskpersistent" value="true"/>

but it might be very well possible that this is added after cocoon 2.1.7 , so
you would need to update.

Chech the EHDefaultStore.java to see which parameters are allowed, or check the
wiki (dont know if is up2date) and look for "caching", "ehcache", "ard
schrijvers" etc in

http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&r=1&w=2

i have posted many explanations on cocoon caching before,

Regards Ard