Andre Juffer wrote:
Hi,

suppose I have the following:

<fb:javascript id="someId" path="." direction="save">
  <fb:save-form>
     object.setValues(values);
  </fb:save-form>
</fb:javascript>

Suppose the 'object.setValues(values)' throws an exception for whatever reason. With flow I have something like:

    catch (exception)
    {
      form.lookupWidget("messages").addMessage(exception);
    }

It seems that when an exception is thrown by 'object.setValues(values)', an

org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException: Error invoking JavaScript event handler

is thrown, instead of the actual exception that was in fact thrown by the 'object.setValues(values)'.

What would be the best possible way to avoid the CascadingRuntimeException and get the original exception with flow.

Well, the CascadingRuntimeException most likely wraps the original exception, which you can retrieve with e.getCause(). Does that meet your needs?

I have tried an try { ... } catch block, but I would like to avoid this. (The alternative is of course to ensure that the values that go into the 'object.setValues(values);' do not cause any exception.)

Thanks for your help,
Andre.